CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 11 April 2022

Sail Away

 


Welcome, I hope you are all well

Something different for me today, and something I haven't done for a very long time, as I have arthritis, and find it difficult to prick the holes manually. I experimented using my Cameo Silhouette, to see whether I could scan the design and then cut it on the machine. I was pleased at the result, so you may see more stitched cards in the future. I mounted the panel on a dark blue card base, after sponging the edges with walnut stain DI. The words are stamped with a red Memento ink pad and clear embossed


Challenges

Mod Squad Challenge - a/g

Allsorts - masculine

Dare 2B Artsy - for kids (2/3)

Ally's Angels #57 - a/g


8 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

How beautiful, I love stitching on cards. You have nailed the technique perfectly here! Such a wonderful card, and so beautifully designed! Lots of fabulous work here, thanks so much for playing along with us for the last time over at the Mod Squad. I am very sad that we are retiring, it has been a great ride. Hope to see you around the web!!
Judy~ MSC Designer

brenda said...

Something so different Glennis and beautifully done, perfect for our Allsorts challenge this week, thanks so much for joining in.

Pleased to read how the Cameo helped you wish this as I suffer the same issues, used to do lots of patchwork and cross stitch at one time.

B x

Linby said...

So pleased you have found a solution to continue to do something you love. The result is just brilliant. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A brilliant male card and so different too. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.
Lorraine

Liz said...

This is a beautiful design, Glennis. So pleased that you have found a way to sew again on your cards. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - this is an exquisite piece of work Glennis - love the stitching! The design itself is striking, and even more so stitched. Great use of colour too
Blessings
Maxine

Mervi said...

Fabulous card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Mariann Jakobsen said...

This card is so special and awesome! I really LOVE it!!