CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 28 August 2020

Bird in a cage


Hi everyone, and welcome to my blog today

I have managed to find some time this morning to make a couple of cards, and this is the first one.
I used shaded lilac, broken china, wilted violet, and mermaid lagoon distress inks to make my background. I pressed the colours onto a stamping block, then spritzed with water, and layered the colours onto my art paper, drying in between. I also added a splat stamp and postmark stamp, both by Paper Artsy.
I cut out the bird in the cage on my Silhouette Cameo, and added a little colour to the edges.
The sentiment is clear embossed, and the the piece was attached to a matching card base.

I would like to enter the following challenges

6 comments:

brenda said...

A beautiful panel, those DI colours always work so well together Glennis, one of my fav combos.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card Glennis, Love the bird cage and background colours. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful card Glennis - love your background
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

*Vicki* said...

Really gorgeous background! Love the colors! Thanks for celebrating with us over at the {Cupcake Inspirations} Challenge! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Lady Joyful said...

This is so pretty! The background is lovely and I really liked the colours you used. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A very pretty creation, lovely background and your colour choice of bird and her cage is very well matched. Many thanks for sharing over @ Paperbabe Stamps, good luck in our Anything Goes Challenge.
Creative wishes Tracey (DT)