CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 26 March 2020

Steampunk!


Hi Everyone.
I hope you are all being very crafty, my country is in total lock-down, so I am having fun in my craft room to pass the time.

For this card, I stamped a piece of cream paper with some clocks and cogs to make my background. It looked too bright so I layered a piece of velum paper over it to soften. 
I cut the penny-farthing on my cameo silhouette, and glued to the velum. I also added a small brad in each corner, and some peel offs that look like hinges. Then attached to my dark maroon base card.

Challenges
Artsy Stamper - lots of layers

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh, loving this Glennis - a great steampunk style card - love those hinges!
I have been busy in the garden these past couple of days, but it's wet tomorrow, so the studio it will be!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant steam punk card and design here, gorgeous colours...
Take care.x

Darlene said...

What a great creation! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog!
Darlene
ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop by for a visit.

Viv said...

Great use of the vellum overlay to soften the background Glennis! Lovely card.

Heather said...

Very cool!! Love the softened vellum background and those "hinges"!! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Darnell said...

This is a great design, Glennis! I think it was genius to layer the vellum so the cogs don't compete with the penny farthing wheels. Instead, they make a soft and perfect background! Take care and be well! 😷 Hugs, Darnell

Esther Asbury said...

I love the little hinges on the side!! Awesome card! Thanks for linking to The House That Stamps Built!