CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 9 April 2020

Thinking Of You

Welcome back

Today,s card is for a friend who's husband now has terminal cancer.
Because we are in lockdown, we cannot visit, so I decided to make a card for them

I cut the feather outlines in a gold card on my silhouette and backed with some dp (unknown brand that I have had about 4 years) I rounded the corners of the blue layer and stamped in white detail EP, a flourish from a Stampers Anonymous set (mini ornates) that I bought in New York a number of years ago and have never used! I added a gold peeloff (also very old) remember when these were so popular! I don't think I will ever use mine up!
Layered onto a white linen look deckle edged base card, and the feathers are raised with mounting tape

challenges
Allsorts #566/7 - something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.
I used old - dp, stamp, peeloff
blue - background paper
Crafters Castle  #28- a/g
The Crafters Cafe #239  - a/g


8 comments:

brenda said...

The feathers give a very calming feel Glennis and perfect for the recipient, thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts Easter challenge.

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Glennis - this card will be appreciated and treasured (I speak from experience) Love your design and beautiful execution - that white flourish is the perfect detailing
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card for your friend Glennis, it's perfect. I do hope all goes well for friend's hubby.xx

Becca Cruger said...

Isn't it so nice when you get to use stamps you haven't used?! This is a lovely make and I'm certain your friend will be so appreciative of your kindness.

Becca Sadler said...

Glennis: your friends will be comforted by your thoughtful card! The feather and flourish along with the calming blue portray serenity. Terrific planning! Thanks for participating in TCCC blog's first half of April challenge! Becca/DT

Mervi said...

Beautiful card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Theresa said...

what a great thought. lovely card. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa xx

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x