CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 15 October 2020

Festive

 


Hello, and thank you for visiting my blog today

I was inspired to make this card after seeing a post by Kath Stewart, so this is my interpretation, as I do not have the new cat stamps (I wish)
I started by making masks for the moon and snow from some scrap paper. I used 'black soot' and 'fossilized amber' distress inks to make the sky, and spritzed to make the colours run a little. After drying I used a very old Penny Black stamp (2001 - snowflake border) to stamp the snowflakes and embossed with detail white EP
I coloured my crazy bird with the following Promarkers
R766,  V546,  V528,  M419,  Y247
The sentiments are from a Clearly Besotted set called 'Rockin Robin'
I added a little 'hickory smoke' DOX to define the edge of the snow and a ground for the bird.

Challenges
Passion for Promakers #564 - make it festive
I love Promarkers #421 - a/g (did not use the birthday option)

11 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What an amazing 'atmospheric' card Glennis - love it. Your sky and moon are stunning
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

brenda said...

I always think these birds are such fun Glennis and I bet that PB snowflake is a lovely wood mounted one (old fashioned girl here) and that moos has a lovely hazy look to it of a cold and frosty night.

Lovely to see you at We Love Chocolate Baroque, thanks so much for joining in with your lovely creation.

B x

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely Christmas card. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

Cards By MI said...

Fabby different card for the Holidays. Thanks for playing along with us over at PFP this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Flo Langley said...

Brilliant! Love this Glennis. Flo xx

@d_e_crafts said...

OMG this is such fabulous card, I love it! Thank you for sharing your project with us for the ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door (TTCRD) this time.

Debbie
TTCRD DT
decrafts - my blog

The Crafty Den said...

A fantastic card Glennis. I love the fun bird image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

Aunty Sue said...

Oh this is brilliant and thank you for sharing it with us at PFP this week

Sheryl said...

What a brilliant background, it really is stunning! Your little robin looks a tad grumpy but I love him.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at I Love Promarkers looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Suchi said...

Love it!! Super cute!! :)

Clare Jones said...

Wonderful card
Thank you for joining us at I Love Promarkers this week
Hugs
Clare DT
xx
http://clarejonesy.blogspot.com/