CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 31 August 2018

Heavy Metal!



Hi everyone.

First of all a very warm welcome to my new followers, MaryH and Susan. I hope you enjoy your visits

Today's card is an experiment to see if I could print a digi stamp over a distressed background, and I was happy to find that it worked quite well. I cut an oblong from a spare piece of card and used it to mask a frame while I coloured the inner oblong with di's. The digi is one that I have had in my files for some time, and I can't recall where I got it from. I have trimmed the bottom with some musical tape and added a key for embellishment

Challenges
Allsorts #482 - music
Southern Girls - use some metal
Creatalicious #146 - a/g
Mod Squad - a/g

Thanks for visiting

8 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

This turned out really nice, I often do this with a digi stamp or print it out twice and fussy cut to add depth...

brenda said...

Your experiement worked very well Glennis and it's a super card for our 'Music' theme at Allsorts, many thanks for joning in.

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great card Glennis - combining Digi with other techniques is always fun, and this is a fabulous result.
Blessings
Maxine

Liz said...

What a great idea to print over a distressed background, it worked out really well as your card is beautiful, Glennis. xx

Heather said...

Very pretty! Love the inked "frame" and the key is the perfect embellishment!
Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Esther Asbury said...

Lovely music themed card! Thanks so much for playing along in the Anything Goes challenge over at The House That Stamps Built!

MaryH said...

How pretty! I'd say your printing over the distressed background worked great. The digi image shows very crisply printed and I like the dimension of the key charm - also the music border..this is a very pretty card, Glennis. Never tried this printing on anything except white cardstock. TFS & Hugs (also thanks for the welcome!)

cass said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls for our "Add some Metal" Challenge.